Small Plane Crashes Near Placerville, 1 Dead
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – A two-passenger plane has crashed near Placerville Saturday evening, killing one person.
The crash happened just before 7 p.m. near the Swansboro Airport in the small community of Mosquito. The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office says that they were alerted about the crash by someone who had been called by cellphone by the pilot of the crashed plane.
Deputies soon showed up at the scene and found that a small plane had crashed. One of the occupants was air-lifted to a local hospital, but the other occupant was pronounced dead at the scene.
No one else was hurt in the crash, and no structures in the area were damaged.
Allen Kenitzer with the FAA says that the plane involved in the accident was a Starduster 11. Preliminary information gathered by the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office shows that the plane was on its way to Swansboro Airport. The plane circled around the airport once, but then disappeared out of sight.
Both the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the incident.