Small Plane Crashes Near Placerville, 1 Dead
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – A two-passenger plane has crashed near Placerville Saturday evening, killing one person.
The crash happened just before 7 p.m. near the Swansboro Airport in the small community of Mosquito. The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office says that they were alerted about the crash by someone who had been called by cellphone by the pilot of the crashed plane.
Deputies soon showed up at the scene and found that a small plane had crashed. One of the occupants was air-lifted to a local hospital, but the other occupant was pronounced dead at the scene.
No one else was hurt in the crash, and no structures in the area were damaged.
Allen Kenitzer with the FAA says that the plane involved in the accident was a Starduster 11. Preliminary information gathered by the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office shows that the plane was on its way to Swansboro Airport. The plane circled around the airport once, but then disappeared out of sight.
Both the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the incident.