CBS Sacramento’s Top 100 Stories For 2013: 100-76
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
It’s almost 2014, which means it’s the perfect time to look back at 2013. We’ve been doing just that lately with our Top 10 posts for each month. Now it’s time to take the whole year by the horns and look back at the Top 100 stories on CBSSacramento.com.
Here’s the schedule for today:
75-51: 4 p.m.
50-26: 5 p.m.
25-11: 6 p.m.
10-1: 10 p.m.
100. Mexican Drug Cartels Extending Violent Reach Into Calaveras County Rancher’s Property
Ruthless criminal organizations behind mass murders, assassinations and kidnappings are setting up shop in the area, right under property owners’ noses.
99. Grass Valley Woman Mistakenly Texts Drug Deal To Narcotics Detective
Nevada County Sheriff’s deputies say it’s one of the easiest drug busts they’ve done in a while: a woman contacted them out of the blue to sell them drugs.
98. Yuba County Sword Slaying Suspect Says It Was An Accident
Joanne Cardoza admits grabbing a 3-foot-long sword off her kitchen table and pointing it at her boyfriend of five years. But she told Yuba County Sheriff’s deputies that she didn’t mean to stab him with it.
97. 6 People Killed, Several Injured In Lodi Crash
The crash happened at Ham Lane and Vine Street in Lodi at around 5:20 p.m., according to Eric Bradley, a Lodi Police Department spokesman. A man was driving southbound on Ham Lane at around 80 mph and talking on his cell when he ran the red light at the intersection of Vine Street, clipped a vehicle and caused the chain-reaction crash, witnesses say.
96. Vandals Tear Down Yellow Ribbons In Granite Bay For Second Year In A Row
For the second year in a row, a tribute honoring military members has been vandalized as someone tore down yellow ribbons.